A gift for Year 4 presented by Hythe and Waterside Rotary Club
Year 4 had a special assembly to present each child with the gift of an Usborne full colour dictionary. These beautiful dictionaries were fully funded by Hythe and Waterside Rotary Club who joined us for the assembly to present them to the children.
The children were very excited when given their dictionaries and were enthusiastically looking through them before they left the assembly. The dictionaries, published by Usborne, are full colour, beautifully illustrated mini-encyclopaedias which the children will use throughout their time at Wildground School and will take them to their secondary school and beyond as the dictionaries are theirs to keep for life. On behalf of the children, the staff would like to thank Hythe and Waterside Rotary Club for their kind donation and Rotarians who came to present up with our dictionaries
Parent questionnaire 2020- Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our fantastic schools with us!
There were 152 responses across the federation ( lots of family groups) and your feedback helps us to know what we are doing well and identifies ways we could improve.
Some headlines from our questionnaire in November 2022
98% of responses said their child was happy at school! (We will aim for 100%!)
99% of children feel safe in school (We will always listen to your child and your concerns so please tell us if there is an issue)
100% of your say that your child does well at school! (We are so pleased with this and will continue to support you and your children with their education)
98% There is a good range of subjects (We agree and we are proud of our curriculum)
99% of parents would recommend the schools to others!
Forest School is a big hit!
See further down page to find out what it is.
Early Morning Reading
The libraries at both schools are now open first thing in the morning from 8.30 to 8.45 am every day for anyone who would like to come and share a book with their child. We have had a few people taking advantage of grabbing this extra time to do some reading (and to be in the warm and dry!). Please come and give it a try and see how many lovely books there are to share.
(posted 3/2/2020 - updated 4/3/20)
Celebrating Children's Achievements
Each week children are nominated for a variety of awards and the parents and carers of all children receiving awards are invited to the weekly Celebration Assemblies.
The awards are :-
- Headteacher’s awards – children are presented with a badge and a certificate in celebration assembly. Head Teacher awards are given for excellent effort across all aspects of learning and behaviour, and are usually nominated by class staff.
- Superstar Awards - (Infant school) children nominate a class peer to be a superstar. They are awarded a certificate to take home following celebration assembly. Each child is also given a star hand with their name written on it. These are placed on the star hands board in the hall.
Additional awards run alongside these throughout the week and include:
- Good news postcards posted home.
- Good news telephone calls home.
- Star of the day
- House points and House points certificates (Junior school)
- Class mascot and his or her diary are sent home to spend the weekend with a child who has shown consistent good effort in all areas throughout the week. (across the federation including the Nursery)
- Lunchtime staff can award lunchtime certificates for keeping the Golden Rules at lunchtimes. When a child has 5 of these they are presented with a lunchtime award in Celebration Assembly.
- Lunchtime staff can also nominate children to sit on the star table the next day. (posted 12/11/19)
Read these WOW comments about our Early Years provision.
These comments were made at a recent Leading Foundation Stage Open Evening from visiting Early Years Practitioners. (posted 7/10/19)
- “An amazing environment for children to thrive in.”
- “A lovely set up – great to see a successful continuous provision.”
- “Very friendly staff, environment very well set out and resources fully accessible to the children.”
- “Loved the mud kitchen.”
- “Lovely environment with great resources.”
- “Loved all the smaller areas and cosy corners.”
- “Great to see a well resourced, organised environment both inside and out.”
- “A great variety of resources and areas, loved the displays of children’s photos.”
- “The use of Makaton to support displays and routines.”
- “Nice neutral colours.”
- “Great setting, really friendly helpful staff”